And now back to me. :P
Here are the rules for this award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
3. Tell us five of your favorite words and why you like them, (add as many as you like).
4. Pass the award on to three bloggers you feel are excellent literacy builders, and link to their sites.
5. Contact the bloggers you’ve chosen and let them know about the award.
1. Tiffany's- my husband came up with this one for me! (and he's so right...so why doesn't he shop there more often?)
2. Abstract expressionism- okay, so it's a phrase, but it evokes such imagery and feeling of art and passion and modernism
3. Perspicacious- "having keen mental perception and understanding; discerning" (dictionary.com)
4. Discombobulation- "to confuse or disconcert; upset; frustrate"
|Achilles defeating Hector,|
5. Baroque- (Jan Morrison's list made me think of this one, but who doesn't love a word with 'q' in it?) "an artistic style prevalent from the late 16th century to the early 18th century in Europe" (wikipedia)
Who gets it? Who has encouraged literacy? Aww, guys...this is the tough part! Can't I just give it back to Margot?
1. The Rose City Reader. If you haven't visited this blog, you should. A wide array of book reviews, links to reading challenges, and intelligent takes on the world of the bibliophile.
2. Steph the Bookworm. While we don't always read the same genres or sub-genres, I highly respect Steph as a reviewer. And I think she encourages reading through her fun and interesting blog!
That's it! Go forth and read...to yourself and to others.