Fear in Writing: Sunday Foreign Post Roundup (On Monday)

Today in Literary History

Today in Literary History...December 14, 1907: Rudyard Kipling receives the Nobel prize for literature, the first English-language writer to do so.ud

Monday, May 10, 2010

Sunday Foreign Post Roundup (On Monday)

1. A brave step by Julie Dao, who shares criticism and praise from a major contest here.

2. A post about data mining--important to know, but also important to read my follow-up comment.

3. You've heard of singing in the shower...now there's writing in the shower!  Check it out at ...and this time concentrate!

4.  Hey, North Carolinians!  An Outer Banks mystery via Lesa's Book Critiques.  Talk about a great beach read...

5.  A contest, a contest--who doesn't love a contest?  The Alliterative Allomorph is offering 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes, and you'll want them all.

6.  And if writing doesn't work out...check out Kimberly Franklin's plan.  No, really, check it out.

7. Because you still need more links to check out...Twitterfic by Elizabeth Spann Craig.

8 & 9. Two L. Diane Wolfe links right here!  I know, right?  One is for a gorgeous picture that I loved so much I requested a copy.  Check it out here.  Hint: it's not the cow.  The second is for great tips on what to do when you actually meet an author...and you probably will someday.

10. Complete list of Elizabeth George Inspector Linley books at Thrill of it All.  I'm getting the hint I need to read these books...

11. I don't know if I've listed this semi-new-to-me blog before, but Jen loves mysteries and the authors who write them.  She also loves to keep track of what said authors are reading...So click over for another edition of Caught!  (While you're there, type 'caught' into the search engine and see what all her the writers are reading.)

12.  Sometimes writers barely have to make things up.  The mystery is right there in life.  And there is plenty of life at The American Literary Blog, one of my favorites.

13. It's not the post itself, but the exchange that came from it.  Alex J. Cavanaugh seeks input on his next SciFi novel here!

14.  THE coolest post I've read in a while.  Chock full of great links--and the comments are what will get you!  It's called "Where are you?" and that's exactly what it answers!  I plan to snark Mason's idea and copy here on this one soon, but check out her post and get an idea of her upcoming guests and plans.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the plug and the links! I hope you had a great Mother's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention, Michele! And...you should read those Elizabeth George books. She's one of my favorites. :)

    Elizabeth
    Mystery Writing is Murder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks for the shout-out of two posts! And enjoy the photo - if you need a larger version, just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading two of George's books this year for my mystery challenge. I love her first book best, without the filler but I love Lynley and Havers. I have her latest book "Careless in Red" on my Kindle, can't wait.

    Love the cartoon on Silver Lining's blog: Haters gonna hate! Love it.

    Also, wanna get me one of those shower notebooks. What a great idea.

    Great post.

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again for the extremely entertaining and USEFUL links! They are appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the mention and looking forward to your take on "Where Are You." It is an interesting topic. Thanks for the great links to check out.

    Mason
    Thoughts in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  7. There really are some great blogs out there...I learn something every time I click a new link. Today I'm at work at the TV station, and I'm still thinking about something I read on someone's site, and noticing ideas for future posts...Funny how this blog-thing gets into your blood!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - lots of great links, Michele - I've seen a few, but I've got some new ones to check now - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great links, thanks Michele.

    ReplyDelete